Quality First Collision Repairs Process
You may be curious about Quality First Collision Repairs and the process that your vehicle will undergo while it is in our facility. Here is a detailed procedure that outlines the steps we follow to ensure top-quality customer service, collision, and body repairs.
The process includes:
- Preparation of an estimate for the repair costs.
- Provision of an estimated completion date to the owner.
- Obtaining the owner’s signature on the repair authorization.
- Completion of insurance negotiations.
- Ordering the necessary parts for the repairs.
- Receipt of the ordered parts.
- Scheduling the repairs for the vehicle.
- Disassembly and re-inspection of the vehicle.
- Writing a supplement report if needed.
- Approval of the supplement report.
- Ordering any additional parts required.
- Giving the owner a scheduled completion date.
- Performing structural and body repairs.
- Setting up the vehicle on the unibody repair alignment rack.
- Preparing and installing new panels.
- Priming, sealing, and applying corrosion protection.
- Inspecting all work, conducting an initial test, and preparing for the paint department.
- Confirming the completion date and preparing for the paint process.
- Pressure washing and cleaning the vehicle.
- Prepping, priming, sanding, and sealing the vehicle.
- Taping, bagging, masking, blowing off, and placing the vehicle in a down-draft spray booth oven.
- Performing a multi-step refinishing process using a water-based paint system.
- Reassembling the vehicle, performing wheel alignment, air conditioning, detailing, final inspection, and test drive.
- Completing the repairs and notifying the owner, along with confirmation for delivery.
If you have any questions about your vehicle’s status or progress, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or give us a call.